Thursday, October 14, 2010

Pirates of Silicon Valley

1. What are the factors that contributed to the success and failure of Steve Jobs as a technopreneur?


First I define what is technoprenuer or technoprenuership. A technoprenuer is an entrepreneur who is technology savvy, creative, innovative, dynamic, dares to be different and take the unexplored path, and very passionate about their work. They take challenges and strive to lead their life with greater success. They don't fear to fail. They take failure as a learning experience, a stimulator to look things differently and stride for next challenge. Technoprenuers continuously go through an organic process of continual improvement and always try to redefine the dynamic digital economy.

Steve Jobs is a great technopreneur person. But as a human we have bad side and good side. And as a human we have a weakness. But just like other people he has also a bad characteristic and that would be not the characteristic I do not want to copy from him.

SUCCESS

DETERMINATION

A Steve job is very determined to succeed his life whether it is bad to other person or it is good. He can get what he wanted, because he was a wise man. He never cares what should people say whether it is bad or good. He only knows he gets what ever he wants.

SELF-ESTEEM

A Steve job how to market his product with his high self-esteem. At the first place, it was his attitude that makes it whole. Because, once we are into a business, we must be a risk-taker and also be an example of loving knowledge beyond corrections. Once we are in our stepping stone, we can’t expect that we could please all of the people. And for this, we should be ready to accept the challenge of being hurt, stumble down, and then we end up rising again, facing the world, with confidence and eagerness despite of the things the people around us is saying. Just as long as we don’t hurt people and as long as we know we are right up to our success, there is nothing comparable to that. That is self-esteem that I have to practice because at hand I know that is what I am lacking right now.

CREATIVITY

Steve jobs are a very creative person. he must first create visions, visualize ideas, organizing them, and planning what to do’s and don’ts. In order to market the business, idea comes first. For without idea, there could be no basis, obviously. Because, once we are into a business we must have a creative mind to set the things and ideas beyond our imagination. As we have observed in the trends we are having right now, techno business competitions are unsurprisingly booming. In order for the business to be bombastic as we wanted the way it would be, we must be creative and idealistic enough to make electrifying ideas and how to make our business more attractive than the others who are also in the business. I know I am not that creative enough to supply the attraction of the customers but I believe that experiences make it whole. Experience gives us lessons, lessons we will never thought how far.

STEVE AS LEADER

Steve is different from most of his peers in that he takes personal responsibility for what Apple makes and how those products feel to the user. Steve directs the design process from start to finish, asking endless questions, expressing often conflicting opinions, unfailingly pushing the company toward better, more useful products. The sort of decisions that at most companies are considered finishing touches--the color of a computer case, the look of a hinge, the sound a product makes when it is opened or closed--are to Jobs the very heart of the user experience and so are at the core of the design process.

Steve was reportedly an enigma to many at his office as well as people in business circles. He was very sweet and seductive when wooing prospective employees or when finalizing a deal with business partners. He would praise and inspire his employees in many creative and unimaginable ways.


FAILURE

TEMPER

Steve Jobs too perfectionist, and the want to be on the highest peak of his career, he cannot control his temper. He keeps on yelling to his people, making them paranoid, resulting to miscommunication, misunderstanding and chaos. His partner, who was his programmer, left him because he cannot take it anymore. This is one factor an individual should watch out for. Not all the time people around you will adjust, they also have limitations. So limit you anger as well.


FORGETTING WHAT HE IS

Steve Jobs forget what he is when apple was not yet found.It is still a common factor on the failure of some famous personalities. They tend to forget where they came from, how they started and to pay credits to people who helped him become famous. It became a huge boom to Steve Jobs life that he even lost the person who created the thing that he is selling. One great lesson is to look back.

2. How do you see yourself as a technopreneur?

Well, I see my self as technopreneur person is too bad, because I don’t know how to deal people. Because I’m a silent type of a person. And my looks is like a drug addict so who believes me if deal to the people. But I am a hardworking person because base my experience I am a working student. I work in day time then in evening I go to school. Its hard for me but I don’t have no choice but to work so that I can go to school. In situation how can I make business where I do not have enough time to study my lesson well? Well, maybe I will be a technopreneur person but when I finished my study and have enough time and money to make a business. But for now I think I want to focus my study so that I can graduate early. When you say technopreneur it is an entrepreneur who used technology for his business, and person like me don’t have money to buy any technology to use for my business .cause even my cell phone I don’t have enough money to repair it. Since my childhood and up to now, I have never involved myself in any kind of serious jobs or small businesses except for a couple of selling candies and the likes as a requirement in my early elementary and high school days with Livelihood subjects).
But when I reached my college years, I have been exposed to a new world. High-technology world. With computers and stuff (and the mind-boggling programming). It was this (Information Technology) course that led me to the inner depths of how technology works wonders, like the Internet. I’ve learned that Internet doesn’t only serve as an online database or virtual form of information, but also it is capable of handling businesses, which is called e-commerce. Wow. What’s more is that you can actually put up a business on your own with a minimal capital or no capital at all! Let’ just say that the Internet connection and computer unit is your capital, and that’s all! Super wow! This idea (and this fact) is what made me interested in business. That’s why I’ve been learning some online earning opportunities like how to earn dollars just by making a blog with click-on advertisements, and even writing articles for websites.
Mentally, as an entrepreneur I see myself as a good leader and a determined one. A good leader has the ability to control and direct a company as a whole. And in that day after the experiences I have been through while still studying and on the starting period of the business, I can tell that I have learned a lot from it and could get something from it and could figured out how to cope and improve myself more. Then I can now have the charisma on controlling especially the employees to do what the company needs for the better of it and in control always on the situation and events on whatever plans and decisions of the company may come up as a result. In other words, I can be a woman of authority whom they would give much respect the way of respect I will give them. As a leader it comprises the confidence you must have. In dealing and handling people and business self-confidence is in need. New ideas along the way may come up and as a technopreneur we must have the confidence to push our ideas and goals, of course it will boost our confidence if we are always in control of any situation that may happen and during this stage the more persistent we would be in pursuit of our goals. And because a business is a wide arena for competition, I would have the ability to have a never ending in search and sense of urgency to do something. It is sometimes hard to stay on this stage but as a person who never stops believing our energy to do so must be maintained. Part of being mentally fit is the ability to conceptualize things. It helps us to be at ease when chaos came. Also it helps ourselves to be focused on the business because we can already determine our capacity in times of troubles. Because of this you can have the ability of control and that you have in you a superior quality that makes your subordinates just do what you want them to do because of that kind of ability.
I have been looking at money as the fuel that makes the world go round. It somehow equalizes the view of things in the world—that everything has a price and value. Being a technopreneur or at least an entrepreneur, it really helps when you have a very keen and good understanding how cost and worth are different because businesses are mainly because of money. I want to take the same path with Steve Jobs and want to have some characteristics those he posses. His passion for work is the best because it is the thing that brought changes to the world as he said. Struggles have been on his way yet he manages to overcome and surpass all of those because of the passion he have for his work. He loves computers and technology as one of his priorities in life. His intelligence and skills also amazes me. He is also confident and consistent in his vision and goals. He always makes sure of producing quality products. Maybe, in terms of his characteristics, I have the patience but in the field of higher inventions in terms of computer specs, I wasn’t sure of that yet.
But if time comes that greater learning would come along the way, we may never know, because every day is a living day with living lessons, that the same path as Steve Jobs took was really introduced to me by nature spoon-fed, and when i was able to adopt it, why not?
Maybe for now I just make a plan or idea of business I make, so that after I finished my study I can start processing my plan or idea.

3. Would you take the same career path that Steve Jobs took? Why or why not?


No, I don’t follow the same career path that Steve Jobs took. I make my own way to be the best technopreneur person, because there is big difference between today and before. Before you can a job even you did not finish your study and almost of them did not finish there study. So, if you failed to your business you can find a job. While today there are many people finished there studies and it’s hard to find a job if you did not finished your study. Because, the company now of course they pick a person with a diploma than to a person without knowledge. So, today if you failed your business? Of course you find a job to stand up again. And if you did not did not finish your studies? What is life now? So for me, my plan is to finish first the studies, focus it. And then while studying try to make an idea or plan, a business plan. So that after you finish your study you proceed to your plan of idea in having a business. But if your rich then maybe you can do both having a business while studying. But also you can do that when your parents are very supportive to you. But, maybe even if I have money, I am a rich person. Still I cannot do what Steve Jobs took. Because, I do not have the guts where, Steve Jobs has. I am not an open minded person; I do not know how to stand when I fall. I am afraid to takes challenges and strive to lead my life with greater success. But take failure as my learning experience. But in my case I always take failure. But I want to copy the characteristic of Steve Jobs in terms of business. Steve Jobs is a great businessman and technopreneur person. By taking Steve Jobs’ career path doesn’t mean that we have the same goal or I will mimic his attitude. I will take the career path of being a technopreneur simply because I want to make a major contribution to our country. I believe this is the most an I.T graduate can do to help his country stand again. I have been passive most of my life, but now is the time to unleash my thoughts from within and put it into action. God has given us a new light of hope through our new leader. I think it’s time for us to take our part in rebuilding our nation. So, this is how I will play my part. I want to provide jobs for my countrymen and to lure more investors to our country. In that way, I can help improve the country’s economy. The only way I could bring this vision of mine to reality is by following Steve Jobs’ footsteps.
Well, I am not promising anything here. But if destiny really calls for me to achieve this feat and if this is really God’s purpose for me on this world, I am more than willing to work and hurdle this challenge.
But just like other people he has also a bad characteristic and that would be not the characteristic I do not want to copy from him. All I can do right now know what is right and what is wrong. And learn to your wrong moves. As Steve jobs do think positive. Maybe I am not the same as Steve Jobs took. But I will try to move and think like Steve Jobs move and think also.

No comments:

Post a Comment